Sunday, January 12, 2014

Review: Illusion by Ashley Beale


                                                       Synopsis

What if everything you thought you knew was just an illusion? 

Everything in Zoey's life was destroyed the day her fiance never made it home from the war. Now being a year later, and still dealing with the horrible tragedy, she makes a move to New York City for her job, hoping to finally start healing. 

The last thing Zoey ever expects to find is someone she can feel so comfortable and happy with. Everything about Harvey draws her attention, and she can finally feel herself heal. There are times things seem too perfect, but she tries not to question it much as she holds onto the passion she has for him. 

When everything unravels and Zoey is forced to face a truth she can't seem to grasp, she has to make a choice to finally move on, or stay lost in a world of illusion. 

Sometimes life is simple, sometimes love is unexpected. Sometimes we're exactly where we need to be, when we need to be there. 
Then sometimes everything we thought we knew is just an illusion. 





                                                        My Review

First off I'm going to say that I have never read an Ashley Beale Book or heard of her in my life and I'm really disappointed in myself because now I see what I have been missing. This book had me hooked from the beginning and I didn't want to put it down. it's hard to write a review for this book without giving anything away so I will try. This book had me going through every emotion known to men and some that I never thought existed.

This book starts off with Zoey having lost the love of her life and moving to New York. During the course of her time in New York she meets Brice and Harvey and than things start to get interesting. Harvey is the perfect guy for Zoey and she finally accepts the fact that it is okay for her to move on. Throughout the story you also get to see Zoey's life with Kirt (ex fiance) and I really enjoyed seeing how her life was with Kirt. There was a point in this book where I was like YOU GO GIRL and than in the next breathe I was like YOU REALLY GO GIRL. Than I was hit with the WTF moment where I never saw that one coming, than the tears came along and I couldn't believe that happened. Once again I was happy for Zoey and than I was disappointed in her. By the end of the book I was like YES things are the way that they should be.

This book had my emotions all over the place and I was really glad that I had the opportunity to read such a well written and wonderful story. I never really understood what people who suffered PTSD went through and now I have an even greater appreciation to what one can suffer when the lost is so great that you just don't  know how to handle it.


                                                         Rating
                                                         5 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment